FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ's)
What is Insurance Marketing Firm (IMF)?
Insurance Marketing Firm (IMF) is an business entity registered / licenced by the IRDA to solicit or procure business for insurance products, undertake some specified insurance service activities and also to distribute other financial products by its salaried Insurance Sales Persons (ISPs) duly trained and licenced to undertake such activities.
IMF is allowed to deal with 2 insurance companies each in 3 different line of business in retail space as under:
- Life Insurance
- General Insurance and
- Health Insurance
IMF is also allowed to deal in the financial products approved and regulated by SEBI, RBI, Post Office and NPS etc. through its salaried Financial Sales Executives (FSEs). These are mutual funds regulated by SEBI, Pension products (schemes) regulated by PFRDA, Other financial products distributed by SEBI licenced investment advisors, banking / financial products of banks / NBFCs regulated by RBI and non-insurance products offered by Department of Posts, Government of India.
Benefits of availing Insurance and Financial Services from Insurance Marketing Firm (IMF) are as under:
- Professional services at doorsteps with prior appointment.
- Recommend Insurance Policies / Investment Products based on actual needs of customers.
- Wide choice of Insurance / Investment products.
- Help to take informed decisions on Insurance / Investment matters.
- Guide and Educate to keep policy / investment in good order.
- Assistance on KYC / Nomination / Renewal / Maturity / Claim formalities and documentation.
- Keep KYC / Proposal / Policy / Investment records safe and confidential.
- Attend queries / grievances promptly.
Why I need Insurance?
- Life Insurance facilitate getting financial support required by dependents to maintain their standard of living if the unexpected happens to earning member of the family. Regular savings / investment can help to achieve financial goals such as education of children, their higher education, business set up expenses, marriage etc.
- Health insurance facilitate getting timely medical attention / help on hospitalisation due to illness or accident in case of an emergency or in a planned hospitalisation so that you need not disturb your savings and also no need to worry about financial expenses.
- Motor insurance offers protection to the vehicle owner against Damage to the vehicle and any third party liability determined by law against the owner of the vehicle
- Travel Insurance required for ensuring a worry-free travel experience during vacation or business abroad. It protects the insured against misfortunes such as loss of passport, delay in flight, loss of baggage, medical emergency etc while travelling.
- Home and Contents Insurance is required to mitigate loss of the physical structure and contents of home due natural calamities and man-made disasters and threats. Such insurance provides protection against risks and damages from fire, burglary, theft, flood, earthquakes etc. covering the physical asset such as structure of building and contents in it.
- There are more reasons for availing insurance which you can discuss with our Insurance Sales Persons.
How much insurance do I need?
You need as much insurance as you think will be required to cover your damages or liabilities such that you or your dependants don't feel the financial trouble. Every individual has different requirements, goals and liabilities.
Can I cancel my policy after I buy it?
Insurance companies offers a "free look period" of 15 days starting from the day you receive the policy documents. During this period you can have the policy cancelled and get premium amount refunded after deducting risk premium. After the "free look period" is over, the premium amount is not refunded.
How much do I have to pay to IMF for its services?
Our Service is absolutely free for customers. You do not have to pay anything for our services. We get IRDA approved commissions from the companies with whom we have tie ups to deal in their Insurance / Financial products.
If I need assistance, what should I do?
You can call us on 9820514086 or write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter at our registered office address and our ISP / FSE will get in touch with you to help you.
If I have grievance/suggestion, what should I do?
You can call us on 9820514086 or write to us on email@example.com or send a letter at our registered office address and
we will get in touch with you to resolves the issues amicably.